The Professional Construction Management Course™ (PCM) is a five-day comprehensive curriculum centered around CMAA’s Body of Knowledge and focuses on the core competencies of construction management.
Our PCM training prepares construction managers for challenges and situations they will face in the ﬁeld.
Training Fee: $1,200/person*
March 11-15, 2024
May 13-17, 2024
July 15-19, 2024
September 9-13, 2024
November 11-15, 2024
Time (All Sessions)
12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. EST
9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. PST
Format: Virtual, Instructor-led
Who Should Attend: CMs at all levels who want to learn more about CMAA’s Standards of Practice or are interested in becoming a Certified Construction Manager (CCM)®. The CCM exam is covered under the GI Bill and the COOL (Credentialing Opportunities On-Line) programs for transitioning members of the military members:
- ARMY Credentialing Opportunities On-Line
- MARINE CORPS Credentialing Opportunities On-Line
- NAVY Credentialing Opportunities On-Line
- AIR FORCE Credentialing Opportunities On-Line
Questions? Contact us!
*Government personnel are eligible for a 10% discount. Industry participants receive a 10% discount for registering 10+ students.
Note: No official study materials or test preparation courses are required to take the CACM and CCM exams. Participation in this course does not guarantee a passing exam score. Please refer to the CACM Application Handbook and CCM Application Handbook for additional information and recommended resources.
Anser Advisory is a CMCI Approved Provider
A CMCI Recertification Point Provider (RPP) is an organization that has partnered with CMCI and is committed to providing education that meets the CMCI Board of Governors' standards. These partnerships help individuals earn or maintain the Certified Construction Manager (CCM) and Certified Associate Construction Manager (CACM) credentials by offering professional development credit through their events, courses, seminars, and webinars.
CMCI encourages CCMs and CACMs to consider courses from CMAA or CMCI RPPs to meet the professional development requirements necessary to maintain the CCM to CACM credential. The CMCI Recertification Point Provider logo quickly identifies CMCI RPPs.
- What is Construction Management?
- About CMAA, Mission & Vision, Publications, Resources
- Construction Manager Certification Institute (CMCI)
- Construction Industry Institute
- (CII), CMAA/CII Alliance, and CII Best Practices
- Construction Management Profession and Certification
- Code of Ethics
- Essential Definitions
- Legal Relationships
- CM Fee Structures
- Enforcement of Terms & Conditions of CM Agreements and Laws
Learning Objectives: Describe the similarities and differences between project and program management; Describe the role of program management during each project phase; Identify the key members needed on a Project Management Team.
- Define the similarities and differences between project and program management.
- Describe the role of the program manager during each phase.
- Identify the key members of the program management team.
Learning Objectives: Define Program Management and describe its functions and goals; Describe the key skills and responsibilities of a Program Manager; Describe common tools use for Program Management.
- Project Management Definitions, Functions, and Focus
- Goals, Philosophies, and Concepts
- Key Functions of the Project Manager
- Project Management Tools
- Project Management Services by Phase
Learning Objectives: Define Project Management and describe its functions and goals; Describe the key skills of a Project Manager; Describe common tools used for Project Management; Explain the Project Manager’s role during each construction phase.
- Delivery and Procurement Methods
- Contract Forms and Terms
- Contract Administration through Project Phases
- Time Management Overview
- CPM Building Blocks
- Calculate the CPM Schedule
- Scheduling by Project Phase
- Time Impact on the Schedule
- Time Management Calculation Activities
- Introduction to BIM and Common Applications
- BIM and the Role of the CM
- BIM by Project Phase
Learning Objectives: Describe the primary uses of BIM; Identify the role of the CM with BIM; Describe the role of BIM during each phase of the project.
- Terms and Definitions
- Quality Management Plans
- Quality Management by Construction Phase
Learning Objectives: Define Quality Management terminology; Describe the Quality Management Plan; Evaluate the QA/QC processes; Conduct reviews for quality assurance.
- Sustainability Goals, Objectives, and Requirements
- The CM's role in Sustainability
- Tools for Sustainable Construction Management
- Sustainability by Construction Phase
Learning Objectives: Describe the common features of a sustainable project; Customize CM tools for a project with sustainability goals and requirements; Understand a sustainability plan; Provide leadership to achieve a project’s goals and requirements; Identify tasks by phase.
- Cost Management Overview
- Preliminary Budgeting
- Cost Management System
- Cost Estimating
- Cost Management by Project Phase
- Value Engineering
Learning Objectives: Understand the CM’s roles and responsibilities for controlling project costs; Describe the methods for developing the project and construction estimates and budget; Explain the Cost Management System; Monitor and manage costs during all project phases.
- Risk Identification
- Risk Planning
- Risk Mitigation
- Risk Analysis
Learning Objectives: Explore the CM's role in risk management; Examine methods for identifying, assessing and mitigating risk; Examine the development of a risk management plan; Review risk management activities by phase.
- Project Safety
- OSHA Requirements and Liability
- CM's Roles and Responsibilities
- Project Safety Plan Implementation
- Lessons Learned in the Field
Learning Objectives: Describe the CM's roles and responsibilities related to safety; Explain OSHA's requirements and guidelines for construction safety; Recognize liabilities associated with safety violations; Identify and report safety hazards.
Managing complex projects requires technical competence and versatility. Our team of facilitators can help you project outcome success. Read the one-pager to learn more about our training courses.Download now
Learn how Anser Advisory's Project and Construction Management training help future and current project managers obtain the fundamental principles necessary to face project management and construction management challenges.Download Now
In this episode, host Dr. Rick Fernandez and guest Paul Buckley, who leads Anser Advisory's Professional CM Training, will discuss Project / Construction Management Fundamentals and how Anser Advisory trains PM/CM professionals to hone their skills, learn the best processes, and how to improve their workflow to prevent project failure.Listen now
What are the benefits of implementing standard operating procedures in construction projects and, more importantly, what risks do PM/CMs face by not following them?Read More
Paul Buckley, PE, CCM
Senior Vice President
Paul Buckley is a senior technical expert with over 42 years of experience overseeing complex programs and projects for public and private clients in the US He has a degree in Civil Engineering from the New Jersey Institute of Technology and has worked as a designer, contractor, and public agency project manager Paul has combined his extensive expertise with his passion for facilitation to teach hundreds of construction industry professionals Prior to joining Anser Advisory, he owned a project and construction management consulting firm for 25 years.