Course Overview: Based on Capstone:
Anser Advisory's Construction Management Principles Course™ provides a basic understanding of construction management (CM) and the role of the construction manager. An Introduction to the CM Profession, What’s Your Construction Management IQ, and What’s Your Construction Management EQ, the Construction Management Principles course provides a basic understanding of construction management and the role of the construction manager.
This course will overview owners and project types, contracts and agreements, CM project management (time, cost, quality, contract, safety, risk, sustainability, and technology), leadership, ethics, soft skills, and career development.
Who Should Attend?
College seniors and recent graduates beginning their CM career, early career professionals focused on becoming professional CMs, and mid-career professionals looking for a pathway into a CM career.
- Distinguish and explain construction management and review the responsibilities of CMs within the project scope.
- Identify the factors controlled by the specialized management technique and describe the use of techniques to plan, coordinate, monitor, and control a construction project.
- Understand the overall process of safely managing a quality project from start to finish applicable to any industry, within budget, on schedule, and meeting scope expectations as applied specifically to the construction industry, addressing all associated risks.
Anser Advisory is a CMCI Approved Provider
A CMCI Recertification Point Provider (RPP) is an organization that has partnered with CMCI and is committed to providing education that meets the CMCI Board of Governors' standards. These partnerships help individuals earn or maintain the Certified Construction Manager (CCM) and Certified Associate Construction Manager (CACM) credentials by offering professional development credit through their events, courses, seminars, and webinars.
CMCI encourages CCMs and CACMs to consider courses from CMAA or CMCI RPPs to meet the professional development requirements necessary to maintain the CCM to CACM credential. The CMCI Recertification Point Provider logo readily identifies CMCI RPPs.
- History of Construction Management
- Why Construction Management?
- What is in a CM's "Toolbox"
- Stakeholders & Participants
- Types of Owners & Projects
- CM Services & Responsibilities
- Required Skills & Abilities
- Work Style
- Roles & Responsibilities
- Reading & Understanding Contracts
- Document Review
- Contract Terms & Conditions
- Contract Responsibilities
- RFP, RFI, RFQ
Managing complex projects requires technical competence and versatility. Our team of facilitators can help you project outcome success. Read the one-pager to learn more about our training courses.Download now
Learn how Anser Advisory's Project and Construction Management training help future and current project managers obtain the fundamental principles necessary to face project management and construction management challenges.Download Now
In this episode, host Dr. Rick Fernandez and guest Paul Buckley, who leads Anser Advisory's Professional CM Training, will discuss Project / Construction Management Fundamentals and how Anser Advisory trains PM/CM professionals to hone their skills, learn the best processes, and how to improve their workflow to prevent project failure.Listen now
What are the benefits of implementing standard operating procedures in construction projects and, more importantly, what risks do PM/CMs face by not following them?Read More
Paul Buckley, PE, CCM
Senior Vice President
Paul Buckley is a senior technical expert with over 42 years of experience overseeing complex programs and projects for public and private clients in the US He has a degree in Civil Engineering from the New Jersey Institute of Technology and has worked as a designer, contractor, and public agency project manager Paul has combined his extensive expertise with his passion for facilitation to teach hundreds of construction industry professionals Prior to joining Anser Advisory, he owned a project and construction management consulting firm for 25 years.